Supply Chain Forum (Carrefour Logistique) is a HEC Montréal organization that seeks to bridge the gap between the needs of the business community in terms of logistical issues and the latest knowledge in this field.
Supply Chain Forum regularly organizes public activities in order to disseminate the best supply chain management practices or the latest observations on logistics-related issues to fuel the thoughts of policy-makers.
Companies wishing to become governors of Supply Chain Forum shall have access to the following benefits:
- Privileged access to a pool of students who can carry out projects or master’s dissertations within their company.
- Privileged access to meetings with graduates of various programs related to logistics.
- Privileged access to students who can perform company internships.
- Free registration of an employee to a logistics seminar hosted by the École des dirigeants HEC Montréal.
- Opportunities for governors to determine the topics that could be addressed at public events.
- Opportunities for governors to conduct private meetings with the speakers of public events.
Watch the vidéo : « Les aventures de Nina : Nina choisit la logistique »
To learn more about logistics management, visit the Ministry of Economy, Science and Innovation of Quebec website.
What is logistics?
It is a process which aims to enhance the performance and profitability of a company through efficient management of different activities related to the flow of materials: purchasing, warehousing, distribution, transport, planning, etc.
For its part, supply chain management raises the level of customer satisfaction through the establishment of better links between the flow of information and the flow of materials among various trade partners: suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
The benefits of supply chain management are:
- reduction of storage costs;
- better asset utilization;
- better use of forecasts;
- better balance of supply with demand.