CHAÎNE is a HEC Montréal research group. Its activities are focused on the following two objectives:
- Acquisition and development of cutting-edge knowledge pertaining to the supply chain management.
- Dissemination of knowledge to various audiences who are aware of the challenges in the supply chain.
The CHAÎNE group’s key research areas focus on the following aspects:
- Integration of an organization’s procurement, inventory management and distribution operations.
- Cooperation among the various links in the chain – suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
- Development of innovative reverse logistics solutions (product recycling, waste management and materials recovery).
- Coordination of activities that fall under an organization’s supply chain management umbrella.
- Development of performance indicators and analysis of performance management systems of the various facets of procurement and logistics.